No one distinct purchase a bride makes for her wedding day will dictate how she feels, acts, and carries herself throughout the day more than her wedding dress.
A bride’s wedding dress shows her personality.
What does a wedding dress say about a bride?
- Is the wedding dress a full length dress showing a formal traditional feel or is it just below the knees showing fun and chic?
- Does the dress have a veil that the groom must raise in order to kiss his new wife?
- How much cleavage is the dress showing? Is the dress off-the-shoulder, strapless, halter, spaghetti straps, etc. Does the desired dress offer the desired reaction from onlookers?
- The perfect wedding dress should elicit sighs of jealousy from women and mesmerize stares from men.
How to select a wedding dress? First, check out the different styles of dresses online so you have an idea of what you like. An example would be DressFirst. Second, make an appointment at a local bridal salon to try on dresses. Be sure to bring pictures of the style of dresses you think you like with you to the appointment. Third, keep an open mind. Just because you like a particular style of dress doesn’t mean it will be comfortable or enhance your body style. Don’t forget to set a budget and stick to it! Finally, a dress should be comfortable. If a bride is not going to change out of a wedding dress, a bride will be in the dress for the ceremony – 30 minutes, pictures – 30-60 minutes, and reception – 3-4 hours. Why not be comfortable?
Common styles of wedding dresses:
- Ball Gown – Romantic natural or dropped waist set off with full skirt.
- A-Line – Think of the capital letter “A”.
- Princess – Universally slims and lengthens with seams from the neck to hips.
- Sheath – Has a slim profile.
- Empire – The empire seam falls just below the bust.
- Slip Dress – Similar to a negligee.
When ordering the dress, brides should keep in mind what to wear underneath the dress as well. Discuss this with the dress seller at the time of trying on dresses to get the most comfort.
When should wedding dresses be purchased? The maximum is eight months and the minimum is four months before the big day. We do say no more than eight months as a person’s weight fluctuates over time and no sense in taking any extra risk.
Latest posts by Matthew Campbell (see all)
- Kenny Rogers Love Songs for Weddings - November 27, 2016
- James Taylor Love Songs For Weddings To Play And Avoid - November 20, 2016
- Saxophone Wedding Songs By 11 Great Saxophonists - October 30, 2016
You may also like...