With more than one million weddings in America every year, there are plenty of brides going through the wedding planning rigor. You would think that this process would be easy. However, with thousands of dollars on the line for each wedding, many professional and unprofessional vendors come into the industry every day. Lets also not forget about every single detail that must be managed for the big day. This is why many of today’s brides secure the services of a wedding planner.
Perfect Wedding Planner
One of the biggest obstacles when hiring a wedding planner is relinquishing control of the planning process. However, the bride should not look at a wedding planner as the one taking care of all of the details. A good wedding planner will take care of the superficial tasks such as hiring the right vendors for your type of event and also incorporating the bride and groom’s style and personal touches into the wedding day.
Tips for Working with a Wedding Planner
- Wrap up all timelines a week before the wedding and pass onto all wedding vendors.
- Draw out an expected floor plan.
- You stay in contact with all wedding vendors to be sure your expectations are met.
- Wedding planners should provide a list of recommended vendors.
- Listen to offered suggestions and then do your own research.
- Have an overall wedding budget. Then, go through what are the most important details of where the money MUST go.
- Meet all vendors in person before hiring them. Be sure to get the “warm fuzzes” before your faith is put into them in your big day.
- Be sure to review all vendor contracts. What if the hall must be closed at 10pm when you planned on partying all night?
- Lastly, be sure you or a trusted confidant will be on at the wedding ceremony and reception locations to verify all the hired vendors are on-time and present with products or services booked.
To be sure that all the necessary details are covered, we suggest a minimum of one-week for wedding planners to prepare a last minute wedding. Yes, there is a difference between a wedding planner and an event designer. If you want an over-the-top wedding reception, consider hiring an event designer. Be sure to give them as much time as possible as it takes time to pull in all the details.
Destination Wedding Planning
Finally, what do you do if you are having a destination wedding, like Las Vegas, and want to hire a wedding planner? First, if you already have your wedding ceremony or reception locations picked out, ask the facility coordinator if they would suggest any wedding planners. Second, check our website for wedding planners. Lastly, google for local wedding planners in the area of your wedding location.
Latest posts by Matthew Campbell (see all)
- Kenny Rogers Love Songs for Weddings - November 27, 2016
- James Taylor Love Songs For Weddings To Play And Avoid - November 20, 2016
- Saxophone Wedding Songs By 11 Great Saxophonists - October 30, 2016
You may also like...