The months and weeks leading up to your big day will become increasingly hectic. Amidst all the excitement, it’s common to forget a task you need to do or item that needs to be picked up before your wedding day. Should the worst case scenario happen and you forget to confirm the limo or check with the caterers, you can probably pull things together at the last minute. But the day before and the day of your wedding day shouldn’t have to be spent in stress as you frantically try to get everything in order. Use this countdown checklist to help you make sure everything’s taken care of so you can enjoy your wedding day.
Countdown to Wedding Day
Six Months and Counting – A Checklist for Wedding Day Preparedness
- Six Months. Six months prior to your wedding you should approve your wedding invitation proofs so you can get to work on sending them out. Additionally, your honeymoon plans should be firmed up at this time to make sure travel, lodging and any special activities are booked.
- Five Months. Five months before the big day you’ll want to schedule wedding cake tastings so you can choose a baker and order your cake. In keeping with the food theme, this is also a good time to schedule your rehearsal dinner and make reservations.
- Four Months. It’s time for the groom and his groomsmen to visit the tuxedo rental shop, get fitted and reserve the appropriate attire.
- Three Months. If you and your partner are planning to have bachelor and bachelorette parties, now is the time to schedule them. This is also the right time to schedule hair and makeup appointments for your wedding day.
- Two Months. Two months before your special day is a good time to finalize the vows you’re going to use. If you’re writing your own, don’t delay further since the next several weeks will become increasingly busy. Brides should also go for their final fitting at this time.
- One Month. At one month before the big day it’s time to confirm everything, including flowers, cake, catering, seating arrangements, limo and beauty appointments.
- Three Weeks. With 21 days left, it’s time to contact anyone who hasn’t RSVP’d so you can give caterers and reception venue managers a final headcount.
- One Week. Breathe in and breathe out! Your wedding day is almost here. Make sure to pick up the wedding dress, confirm honeymoon travel arrangements and start packing.
Don’t Try to Do it Alone
No matter how much you think you’ve got it all under control, don’t try to handle all the wedding preparations yourself. Family and friends will be happy to pitch in and help take care of some of the tasks, and your partner should pull some weight, too. When your wedding day checklist is divided between several people, it will seem more manageable. Additionally, having less to worry about means you’ll have less cluttering your mind. As you handle each item on your list with a clear head, you’ll be less likely to forget anything.
About Author: Lucy James from the online diamond jewelry specialists Bigger Diamonds for Less. To find out more about selecting the perfect engagement or wedding ring, please visit the website.
Latest posts by Guest Blogger (see all)
- 21 Great Love Songs for Halloween - October 16, 2016
- Top 11 Lionel Richie Love Songs - August 21, 2016
- American Idol Contestants’ Most Successful Musicians - July 24, 2016
You may also like...