Planning a wedding reception is a daunting task. The last thing today’s brides want is a cookie cutter wedding – meaning being like everyone else’s wedding. We all know the type through the years with the following:
- Purple and teal wedding colors
- Bird seed as the bride and groom adventure out of the reception hall.
- Hershey kisses wedding favors.
- Popular wedding songs for EVERY formal dance
- And the list goes on…
What can you do to make a personalized and unique wedding reception? Vintage doesn’t just mean old. Vintage can be elegant, rustic, romantic, country and chic. Here are tips to truly make a wedding reception YOURS.
Vintage to Chic Reception
First, go antique product shopping. Yes, the items have been used in the past. However, it is a great way to bring the past into the future. What can you get while looking at vintage products? Keep in mind that a splash of vintage adds a touch of class to any event – if this is the desired wedding theme.
- A Bar – What can you turn into a bin to hold all the cold beverages? What table or high furniture can be turned into that one-of-a-kind bar?
- Mismatched china that can be used from the happy hour through dessert.
- Vintage chairs that can be used for future parties. If you want to make a statement, what about throne chairs for the King and Queen (Groom and Bride)?
- A minimalist stele can be achieved with a couple flowers in vintage bottles as centerpieces.
- If you want a fun environment for guests in an outdoor wedding, incorporate vintage games such as croquet and slinky toys.
- Be sure to have present any family items that you love from family members. What about Autie Norma’s crystal bowl or Uncle Joe’s beer glasses? You could also consider vintage picture frames with other family members’ wedding pictures.
A final tip is to check your local party rental stores for their offerings. The rental stores may have your style in stock for rent so you won’t have to complete a big list for your wedding day.
Latest posts by Matthew Campbell (see all)
- Bride Personality Quiz – Are You Who You Say You Are? - February 3, 2017
- DJ Hit Songs By Prominent DJs – Do You Know Them? - December 25, 2016
- Cowboy Cha Cha Songs For Country Music Fans - December 11, 2016
You may also like...