A list of bridal show pointers to make the day go easier. Bridal shows are a great place to find local vendors, get wedding ideas and also spend time planning with the fiancé.
Bridal Show Pointers
- Register online for the show. It will save time and shows typically will give a discount for paying in advance. Some shows may also offer coupons through local vendors.
- Create a generic wedding email on gmail or yahoo just to connect with vendors. This way all wedding emails can be looked at in one location. In addition, after the wedding is over, the account can be closed.
- Create pre-made labels. All vendors will want your contact information. Labels should include name, wedding date, and contact info – email or cell number? What information are you willing to give up as they WILL contact you.
- Bring a bride and groom sticker as you will receive special attention from vendors. Don’t do this if you want to fly under the radar.
- Walk down every isle and gather information. Be sure to bring a pen and note which vendors you are interested in as you may not remember the good ones the next day.
- Many vendors offer show specials for booking that day. Bring your credit card for the vendors you want to book on the spot. Professional vendors should only ask for 10%-50% upfront. Stay way from the vendors that want all their money the day of the show. If booking, be sure to sign a contract to reserve your day.
- Plan on wearing walking shoes and spending 3-5 hours at the show to see a lll the booths and fashion shows.
- If the bridal show is two days, it would be a great idea to bring your fiancé on day one and your mother or maid of honor on day two.
- Check out all the trends in fashion, themes and colors. Do you want mainstream or create your own style?
- Go thinking to have a great time. Taste all the cake, try all the sociality drinks and enjoy the fashion show!