An increasingly popular wedding reception trend is the candy buffet or confection bar. This consists of a variety of candies or treats placed in varied sizes of glass containers and grouped on a table.
These buffets can serve as your wedding favor. Your guests can select the candies of their choice, and only those that want a treat will come to get one…no leftovers all around your reception tables to clean up at the end of the night. A special touch of your favorite candies and small beautiful treat bags can wrap up your special evening.
Here are some tips and ideas to help you create a beautiful candy buffet at a low cost.
1. Find affordable containers – Dollars Stores, Wal-Mart, etc. have clear glass containers that are affordable and look nice. Buy large and small containers for a nice variety. Don’t forget to buy scoopers for getting the candy out of the containers.
2. Spice up the table – tablecloths, table runners, flowers, pictures. These things can be added to make your candy buffet table great. Coordinate these with the wedding colors.
3. Add extras – a punch bowl or fountain, a chocolate fountain, cookies or other dessert items.
4. Purchase Affordable Candy – don’t forget those after holiday sales. Purchase candies after Christmas, Valentine’s Day and Easter and put away for your wedding. They should hold if they are used within 6 months or so. Buy candy in bulk at places like Sam’s Club and Costco.
5. Color makes a difference – coordinated colors look more elegant than random selections.
Use your imagination and your candy buffet will surely be a hit.
Good Luck and Happy Wedding Planning.
About the Author: Donchell Johnson, Owner – ForBlackWeddings.com & New Jersey Wedding Guide, www.njwedguide.com.