The flowers that a bride and/or bridesmaids carry should bring in the colors of the wedding and tie them all together. The bridal bouquets should also compliment the bride and bridesmaids dresses. The flowers are a visual accent that should be taken advantage of to portray the desired theme. Selecting what wedding flowers to carry down the isle can be cumbersome. However, we are here to make decisions easier. There are five different bouquet styles.
Bridal Bouquet Tips
Tightly concentrated circles of the same color of flower, often framed with a collar of leaves, fabric and ribbon.
A dramatic flower created using the petals of another flower, wired together to resemble one large bloom. Keep in mind this style is high-end.
Cluster of stems tied off with a ribbon. This is a great style for the DIY bride or a classy, simple look.
Rounded, hand-tied cluster of flowers, or stems tied off with ribbon.
Large, hand-tied bouquet where flowers descend below the main portion of the design. This style os a more classy, formal style.
When selecting flowers, items to consider:
- What flowers are in season at the time of the wedding. Flowers in season will be less expensive than the ones that are not.
- Color – It’s best to use a flower’s natural color and beauty. The color also has to match or accent wedding colors.
- Texture and overall look – Does it match the wedding theme?
- Take a look online at all the different flower types, bouquet styles and the like. Have an idea what you want before going into any flower shop or consultation.
- Also consider the holiday surrounding a wedding day. Pastel flowers (tulips and hyacinths) will be more around Easter and red flowers (roses) will be more around Valentine’s Day.
Current flower trends is bold is beautiful over pastel colors. When selecting flowers and colors there are three common color/flower options. Brides can mix and max flowers that are of the same hue. Select colors that are compete contrast to create excitement. Finally, a bride can select flowers and colors of the same likeness with complimentary colors.
Latest posts by Matthew Campbell (see all)
- Bride Personality Quiz – Are You Who You Say You Are? - February 3, 2017
- DJ Hit Songs By Prominent DJs – Do You Know Them? - December 25, 2016
- Cowboy Cha Cha Songs For Country Music Fans - December 11, 2016
You may also like...