What sources of new wedding music exist? When I was a young boy, I remember having my radio blasting in my room listening to music. The best way to find new music was to have a cassette tape in the player ready to record. While listened to Top 40 countdowns by Dick Clark or Casey Kasem, I would prepare to press the play and record buttons at the same time in order to get my favorite new songs on a mix tape. This was the best way to prevent the disappointment of purchasing a compete cassette album and only liking two or three songs out of eleven.
Although mix tapes have gone by the waste side, the same theory still exists – just on a larger scale. Music lovers can have their favorite music in their clouds and pull the music onto their digital devices. While playing random songs, listers have a selection from hundreds, if not thousands, of songs to choose. You can choose between different playlists created by many listeners.
Well, in 2014, finding new music can be a challenge. However, we have our top 5 sources for new music.
Sources of New Wedding Music
1. Billboard.com Billboard is still the king of popular songs based on many different music styles. You can choose styles of music including Christian, R&B, Rock, Country, Latin, Dance and much more. Take a look at all of their charts on the following web page: http://www.billboard.com/charts
2. Amazon.com. Amazon is one of the biggest providers of digital music. They have a list of the most popular downloaded songs by many different categories including their top 100 best music sellers, alternative, folk, jazz, blues, rock and much more.
3. iTunes top 100 most popular songs list. The list features the most downloaded songs up to the week. What I really like about the list is that it showcases a true representation as to what is popular right now across many genres for the masses. You can see the list on the following web page: http://www.apple.com/itunes/charts/songs/
4. Pandora is a great place to discover new music in your favorite genre. If you are looking for music that will typically be played at weddings, we suggest playing adult contemporary stations. We also suggest picking artists that fit into your style of music. For example, if you like new smooth adult rock songs, select artists like Passenger, Jason Mraz, John Mayer, Train, Ed Sheeran, Jack Johnson and Matt Nathanson. Be sure to create an account and save your station settings!
5. I know the last answer is a bit cliche but information on the Internet is always changing. Therefore, number five on the list is search engines. We will include in our list of search engines Google, Bing and DuckDuckGo. Why search engines you may ask yourself? Because they are a great source of song lists as years pass. In 2017, hopefully you will still be able to find relevant music to your desired searches. Example, What are the best country wedding songs right now? Guaranteed there is a list on a search engine. What are some of the great modern waltz songs? Just put the question into a search engine. Looking for new indie wedding songs? Please test a search engine as the good ones will give new relevant results!
Bonus #6, please check out WeddingMuseum.com’s 50+ song lists. The lists are updated annually and will be a great source of music lists for any music lover!
Latest posts by Matthew Campbell (see all)
- Kenny Rogers Love Songs for Weddings - November 27, 2016
- James Taylor Love Songs For Weddings To Play And Avoid - November 20, 2016
- Saxophone Wedding Songs By 11 Great Saxophonists - October 30, 2016
You may also like...