Music plays an integral part of every American wedding. Music sets the theme and tone of a wedding and reception. The tempo of music also sets the mood. If the music played is of slower tempo, you would want guests to sit and relax while eating their dinner. Fast tempo music is great for playing during wedding reception dancing time.
Now that we agree to the importance of music during your wedding day. What times can music accompany the events going on during your wedding day? Well, here is a list of wedding events to set to music.
Wedding Events To Set To Music
- Your alarm wake-up song.
- Music played while driving to the ceremony.
- Music while getting dressed in your wedding attire.
- While guests arriving at the ceremony site.
- Music played as guests are taking their seats for the ceremony – Prelude.
- Songs while the wedding party walk down the aisle – part of Processional.
- Specific song as the bride walks down the aisle – Bride entrance song.
- Unity candle song.
- Sand ceremony song.
- Other specific events conducted by the bride and groom during the ceremony.
- Song played as the bride and groom leave the ceremony – part of recessional.
- Music played as the wedding party leave the ceremony.
- Music played as all wedding guests leave the ceremony venue- Postlude.
- Music played as guest arrive at the reception venue.
- Music played during cocktail hour.
- Grand entrance song(s).
- Dinner music.
- First dance song.
- Father Daughter dance.
- Mother Son dance.
- Cake cutting song.
- Special dedications for loved ones lost.
- Special dedications for special people at the wedding reception.
- Money dance aka dollar dance.
- Bouquet toss song.
- Garter removal song.
- Garter placement song.
- Garter toss song.
- Last dance song.
- Bridal party dance song.
- Celebrate all married couples with an anniversary song.
- Father son song.
- A song to play to dance with in-laws.
- Mother daughter song.
- Sister(s) song.
- Sister brother(s) song.
- Brother(s) song.
- Need to clean the hall the wedding night? Have a playlist ready.
- Play a special song in the getaway vehicle on the way to the wedding night’s honeymoon suite.
- Want to play music during your bedroom romance?
- Send a song to your future spouse before the wedding ceremony as a special dedication.
Latest posts by Matthew Campbell (see all)
- Kenny Rogers Love Songs for Weddings - November 27, 2016
- James Taylor Love Songs For Weddings To Play And Avoid - November 20, 2016
- Saxophone Wedding Songs By 11 Great Saxophonists - October 30, 2016
You may also like...