Having a wedding website is a great idea for busy brides and grooms planning their weddings.Wedding Websites will give details of the wedding day and even weekend events. Here are 10 wedding website ideas to not only help you but also your guests.
Wedding Website Ideas
- Our favorite use for your wedding website is for tracking R.S.V.P.s from family and friends who you have emailed wedding invitations. In these mobile Internet times, many people do not take the time to mail invitation responses. That would require a stamp?! Bridal couples can give a link to their wedding website to supply guests’ R.S.V.P.s.
- Maps! We suggest creating a custom local area map that include points of interest along with the mandatory ceremony and reception locations. Upload the map(s) as an image if the wedding website provider does not offer downloadable files. Then, guests would still be able to right click on the image and download it to their computer/tablet/phone.
- Be sure to get a customized domain name. How is the link going to look on the invitation as www.samplesite.com/yourspecialweddingwebsite/ourweddingwebsite.html? A custom domain name could be smithjoneswedding2014.com. If by chance you are not able to get a custom domain name, be sure to use a service like bitly.com for a short link redirect.
- A great idea for out-of-town guests visiting your wedding website is to have local hotel options that both near the festivities locations or near family members’ homes. Be sure to include addresses and contact information.
- We will leave out off the list obvious choices like dates and times. However, we will include ideas like custom registry ideas. Everyone can have links to their online registries like Target, Amazon and so on. However, for the couples who marry later in life or saving for a new home or honeymoon fund, consider having a custom registry on your wedding website for cash donations.
- Social Links! We are not talking about your own personal accounts. Create your own wedding profiles on sites like Instagram and Pinterest. For example, get a profile on Pinterest under the user smithjoneswed. Then, pin all your favorites wedding style likes so that wedding vendors will get an idea of what you expect your wedding to be. Then, create a custom Instagram account to send all guests to to post pictures from your wedding. The best part is your custom wedding email and social sites can be deleted at any time.
- One of our favorite ideas is that many wedding website templates also offer in matching stationery such as invitations, save-the-dates and thank you cards. Awesome how it will all have the same theme!
- If you feel ambitious and want a custom wedding website, consider a user-friendly website creating software. Wedding websites can be created on sites such as Wix.com, Weebly.com, Squarespace.com, and Weebly.com. Take a look at their features before buying and how much work will really have to go into it to get the desired final result.
- Know your wedding website privacy. Almost all wedding websites are viewed by the world. Do you want the world to see your website? Just because a site is password protected does not mean it is protected from spiders. Be sure to get examples of other password protected website URLs and search for them on Google and Bing just to be sure the search engines will not show your wedding day details.
- Final tips. Pay for your domain and website at least one month past your wedding and be sure to note when to cancel. How long will your website be published? Start designing as early as possible so you can have a link on your save-the-dates.
Latest posts by Matthew Campbell (see all)
- Bride Personality Quiz – Are You Who You Say You Are? - February 3, 2017
- DJ Hit Songs By Prominent DJs – Do You Know Them? - December 25, 2016
- Cowboy Cha Cha Songs For Country Music Fans - December 11, 2016
You may also like...