What a better way to show your own wedding style and personality than on top of the wedding cake. How many times do you see see nothing on top of the cake? We try to break the norm and think outside of the box. Skip the traditional bridal couple or monograms for something fun and exciting!
Non-Traditional Wedding Cake Topper Ideas
- Salt and Pepper shakers. Selecting the theme of the salt and pepper shakers that tells your story. You can have any shakers with a sign that reads “We Go Together Like”. You can also be fun with it by having a place where you met like a movie theater. You could be fun with it like a cat and mouse, convicts, and ketchup and mustard.
- Action figures. The only advice here is be sure they are close in size or it won’t look right. You can select super heroes, ken and barbie, G.I. Joe’s, and much, much more. Just go to your local superstore and walk the aisles for your own resemblances. Hans Solo and Princess Leia anyone?
- King and Queen chess pieces. This is perfect for the competitive bride and groom. In addition, you can find chess pieces in crystal to wood to marble to whatever matches your wedding style.
- Cake Sparklers. Light the sparklers while you feed each other cake. Which one will have more of an explosion?
- Cake pops. Cake pops are very popular right now. Why not have one painted as the bride and the other the groom. This would also be a convenient “layer” of cake to save for your first anniversary.
- His and Her Figures of animals or insects or bugs. Whatever suits your fancy. You can have a bull elk with cow, lion and lioness, owls, giraffes, elephants or any other duo. Just don’t pick the praying mantis!
- Miniature chairs. This may sound crazy but what a great way to show your style. Want rustic – have wood rocking chairs. Beach theme – select chaise lounge chairs. Go to your local craft store and paint your own color wood chairs. Leather chair and victorian chair anyone?
- Polaroid pictures. You can take pictures of each other facing at the camera. Otherwise, be creative and make a photogenic scene with each other looking at each other out of the corners of their eyes, one looking up at the other, both picture put together like you are kissing. Be as creative as you want to be.
- Miniature shoes. Love the idea to show who each of you really are. Men – cowboy boot, skate shoe, Air Jordan, old-style Converse shoe, cleat, bowling shoe, dress shoe, moccasin. Women – all the same plus Cinderella’s shoe, high heels, knee-high boots. Take a look in your closet and you decide.
- Miniature Head-ware. For the sports fans you can have baseball hats, football helmets, and hockey helmets. You can also have cowboy hats, fishing hats (with lures), fedoras, hard hats, beanies.
Latest posts by Matthew Campbell (see all)
- Bride Personality Quiz – Are You Who You Say You Are? - February 3, 2017
- DJ Hit Songs By Prominent DJs – Do You Know Them? - December 25, 2016
- Cowboy Cha Cha Songs For Country Music Fans - December 11, 2016
You may also like...