Selecting wedding reception songs for a wedding can be a daunting task. So can ceremony songs too. To help in your song search, we created lists of popular wedding music by many different categories and including most styles of music. Wedding ceremony songs start with the processional to the altar and finish with recessional songs leaving the altar with everything in-between. Wedding reception songs include all activities from the bride and groom‘s grand entrance to the last dance song. Be sure to also check out our list of 41 wedding events to set to music.
Wedding music sets the tone for the entire wedding event. Selected songs can certainly add charm and personality to the whole wedding affair. Thus, we offer lists of some of the popular wedding songs that can be played on your wedding day. Wedding songs are offered to help plan music for your wedding reception. The wedding song lists are free for you to use. Once viewing the lists, you will have the opportunity to listen to song clips, and download songs from iTunes.
Wedding Songs – Ceremony
The time when the officiant marries the bride and groom and all the rituals included is called the wedding ceremony. The ceremony includes the starting point when the briadal party walk down the aisle – processional through the time the bridal party leave the altar – the processional.
- Processional Songs: As the bridal party enter the ceremony venue and walk towards the altar, view a list of popular wedding processional songs.
- Unity Candle Songs: As the bride and groom light their unity candle in unison from their individually lit candles, view a list of popular unity candle songs.
- Recessional Songs: As the bridal party leave the altar area after the newlyweds are announced, view a list of popular wedding recessional songs.
Wedding Reception Songs
Our wedding reception songs suggestions are for brides and grooms to choose songs that they can dance to with their special to-be husband or wife, family and guests on their Big Day. The wedding songs selected will always remind the bride, groom and guests of the fun and special moments they had at the wedding.
Wedding Reception Songs – Formal Dances
There are common formal dances that are planned for many weddings. View the popular formal dances with their popular accompanying songs. The following dances are all on one web page for your convenience. You can view the popular songs from each wedding song lists, listen to a snippet of the song, and an option to purchase through iTunes.
- Bridal Party Songs: Popular songs to play for the Bridal Party Dance.
- First Dance Songs: Popular songs to play for the Bride and Groom’s First Dance as a married couple.
- Father Daughter Songs: Popular songs to play for the Father Daughter Dance.
- Father Son Songs: Popular songs to dedicate to a father from his son.
- In-Law Dance Songs: Popular songs to play for the Bride and Groom to dance with their in-laws.
- Mother Daughter Songs: Popular songs to dedicate to a mother from her daughter.
- Mother Son Songs: Popular songs to play for the Mother Son Dance.
- Sister Brother Songs: Popular songs to play for a special Bride and Brother dance or song to dedicate to a Bride’s Brother.
- Sister Songs: Popular songs to play for a bride to dedicate to her sister.
Wedding Reception Songs – Bouquet and Garter
It is a common tradition for the bride to toss her bouquet to all the single ladies in attendance. In addition, it is a common tradition for the groom to toss the Bride’s garter to all the single men in attendance. View popular songs for both special events.
- Bouquet Toss Songs: Popular songs to play while the bride tosses her bouquet.
- Garter Removal Songs: Popular songs to play while the groom removes the bride’s garter from her leg.
- Garter Toss Songs: Popular songs to play while the groom tosses the bride’s garter.
- Garter Placement Songs: Popular songs to play while the garter toss winner places the bride’s garter on the winner of the bouquet toss.
Wedding Reception Songs – Events and Dedications
Special events during a wedding reception can be set to music. View popular song lists for these special events.
- Anniversary Songs – Popular songs to play at weddings to celebrate all married couples in attendance.
- Dinner Music – Popular songs to play while guests eat their main course.
- Cake Cutting Songs – Popular songs to play while the bride and groom cut their cake and make their toast.
- Money Dance Songs – Popular songs to play during the dollar dance (multiple songs needed).
- Entrance Songs – Popular songs to play as the wedding party and bride and groom enter the reception venue.
- Line Dance Songs – Popular group dance songs to fill the dance floor with many people.
- Memorial Songs – Popular songs to remember the loved ones lost.
- Last Dance Songs – Just as people remember their last bite, they will also remember the evening’s last song.
Wedding Songs – by Era
- 1940s Songs: Popular 1940s wedding songs.
- 1950s Songs: Popular 1950s wedding songs.
- 1950’s Love Songs Top 18
- 1960s Songs: Popular 1960s wedding songs.
- 1960’s Love Songs Top 20
- 1970s Songs: Popular 1970s wedding songs.
- 1970’s Love Songs Top 20
- 1980s Songs: Popular 1980s wedding songs.
- 1980’s Love Songs Top 17
- 1990s Songs: Popular 1990s wedding songs.
- 1990’s Love Songs Top 20
- Best 2000’s Songs: Popular 2000s wedding songs.
- 2000’s Love Songs Top 20
- Best 2010’s Songs: Popular 2010s wedding songs.
- 2014 Love Songs, Top 6
Wedding Songs – by Genre
- Christian Wedding Songs: Popular Christian wedding songs.
- Country Wedding Songs: Popular Country wedding songs.
- Dance Wedding Songs: Populae Dance wedding songs.
- Disco Wedding Songs: Popular Disco wedding songs.
- Hip Hop Wedding Songs: Popular Rap wedding songs.
- Instrumental Wedding Songs: Popular Instrumental wedding songs.
- Jazz Wedding Songs: Popular Jazz wedding songs.
- Oldies Wedding Songs: Popular Oldies wedding songs.
- Best Party Songs: It’s the music entertainer’s job to get people to the dance floor. These songs are our top 200 best party songs of all-time to do just that. Songs include many music styles.
- Polka Wedding Songs: Popular Polka wedding songs.
- R&B Wedding Songs: Popular R&B wedding songs.
- Reggae Wedding Songs: Popular Reggae wedding songs.
- Rock Wedding Songs: Popular Rock wedding songs.
- Swing Wedding Song: Popular Swing wedding songs.
- Songs Not To Play: View list of Songs not to play at weddings.
Specialty Wedding Reception Songs
- 10 Modern Wedding Song Super Hits
- 30 Classic First Dance Songs
- Cheesy Wedding Songs Not To Play At Your Wedding
- Church Wedding Songs For A Christian Wedding
- Country First Dance Songs
- Motown Love Songs For Weddings
- R&B First Dance Songs
- Same-Sex Love Songs
- Top 10 Best Wedding Songs Ever
- Top 10 First Dance Songs Not Overplayed
- Top 17 Greatest Women Wedding Artists
- Top 14 Modern Country Father Daughter Songs
- Top 21 Modern First Dance Songs
- Top 7 Modern In Memory Of Songs
- Top 16 Modern Waltz Songs
- Top 15 New Wedding Songs of 2014
- Top 10 Rap Love Songs For Weddings
- Top 10 Wedding Anniversary Songs
- Top 10 Wedding Hip Hop Songs
- Top 10 Wedding Pop Songs of the 2000s
- Top 7 Wedding Unity Candle Songs
- Top 8 Do Not Play Wedding Songs
- Wedding Music Playlist For Reception
Specialty Wedding Songs
- Bon Jovi Love Songs For Weddings
- Brad Paisley Love Songs For Weddings
- Brian McKnight Love Songs For Weddings
- Dave Matthews Band Love Songs For Weddings
- Dean Martin Love Songs For Weddings
- John Mayer Love Songs For Weddings
- Stevie Wonder Love Songs For Weddings
- Tim McGraw Love Songs For Weddings
Wedding Music eBook of Wedding Songs Lists
WeddingMuseum.com is offering a free ebook of today’s popular wedding music with 50+ wedding song lists. The pdf file is a complete listing of music suggestions for your upcoming wedding ceremony and reception. The Wedding Music eBook.
Looking for song lyrics? Read our article about the finding the right wedding songs in regards to wedding song lyrics. Want more in-depth information on wedding songs, read our wedding reception songs article.