VH1 created a list of the Top 100 Hip Hop Songs of all-time. We got to thinking and decided to narrow down the list to our favorite wedding songs from that list. Hip Hip fans can be excited as our list is part of the most memorable and historical songs in music history. The year the song was released is noted with the rank on the VH1 Hip Hop songs list. Here’s our list of the greatest 14 wedding hip hop songs.
- Heavy D. and the Boyz – Now That We Found Love (1991 – Ranked 86). This a great upbeat song to fill dance floors. Now That We Found Love would also be a great intro song for the wedding party.
- PM Dawn – Set Adrift On Memory Bliss (1991 – Ranked 81). A remix sampling from Spandau Ballet’s True. Set Adrift On Memory Bliss has a great beat and would make a great background song or slow tempo dance song.
- House Of Pain – Jump Around (1992 – Ranked 66). Not for your stereotypical wedding song. This uptempo song is for a younger crowd but will fill the dance floor.
- L.L. Cool J – I Need Love (1987 – Ranked 60). I Need Love is considered the first rap ballad. A classic slow song that rose to #14 on the Billboard charts. I Need Love would also be a good Garter Removal song.
- Young MC – Bust A Move (1989 – Ranked 47). Bust A Move has been a time tested dance song to fill wedding dance floors. With a fast tempo beat, wedding guests will want to bust a move to this song.
- Method Man ft/ Mary J. Blige – I’ll Be There For You/You’re All I Need to Get By (1995 – Ranked 44). From all the songs listed on the Greatest 100 Hip Hop Songs, this song makes the best choice for first dance song as a married couple. I’ll Be There For You is based upon the original song sung by Marvin Gaye and Tammi Terrell.
- Rob Base & DJ E-Z Rock – It Takes Two (1988 – Ranked 37). It Take Two is a dance classic to fill dance floors for years to come. A great party tune for all ages.
- Nelly – Hot In Herre (2002 – Ranked 36). This is a great song for the garter removal or for the garter placement. Hot In Herre is also a fast tempo song to fill dance floors.
- Queen Latifah ft. Monie Love – Ladies First (1989 – Ranked 35). We could not leave out a song from one of the most influential women in Hip Hip history. Ladies First would make a great bouquet toss song.
- MC Hammer – U Can’t Touch This (1990 – Ranked 26). This is probably the most recognized Hip Hop/Pop song on the list across all genres. A great fast tempo dance song to get wedding guests dancing.
- 50 Cent – In Da Club (2003 – Ranked 18). This is the newest Hip Hop song on the list. In Da Club rose to #1 on the Billboard charts and will definitely get wedding guests in the mood to dance.
- Sir Mix-A-Lot – Baby Got Back (1992 – Ranked 17) A great fun party songs to fill the dance floor. It may offend some. However, there was a viral video on YouTube that showed a bridal couple dancing to this.
- Run-DMC ft/ Aerosmith – Walk This Way (2001 – Ranked 4). A great collaboration between Hip Hop and Rock all-stars. Originally performed by Aerosmith and sampled by Run-DMC. Wedding guest will want to get their groove on to this mid-tempo song.
- Sugarhill Gang – Rapper’s Delight (1980 – Ranked #2). Considered one of the few songs that helped popularize hip hop music. Rapper’s Delight was revitalized with a skit in the movie The Wedding Singer in 1998. Not only can you break dance to Rapper’s Delight, many wedding parties plan rehearsed dance moves to this song.
For more information about VH1, please visit their official blog post with the complete list of VH1 100 Greatest Hip Hop Songs. For more wedding song lists, visit WeddingMuseum.com’s more than 40 wedding song lists.
You may also like -