Five Steps to Choosing your Dream Wedding Dress
Choosing your wedding gown can be quite a daunting task. There are so many expectations riding on your decision, and when you eventually venture into a bridal salon the choice can seem overwhelming. Fear not – if you’re suffering from that ‘Where do I start?’ feeling these quick tips should help.
1. Your look will set the tone for the rest of the bridal party, so start with yourself before you consider what everyone else should wear.
2. List the shapes, necklines, styles and colours which usually suit you. Most women have been choosing clothes which compliment their figures since they can remember, so this is a good place to begin.
3. Consider the style of your wedding – its formality, the time of year, the time of day and the venue. A heavily structured satin brocade ball gown could be ideal for a formal winter wedding, but if you’re marrying outdoors in summer you might prefer a delicate chiffon sheath gown.
4. Make appointments with two or three good bridal salons so you have their staff’s dedicated attention. Bring along a trusted friend or relative for an honest second opinion.
5. Find a shop assistant who has many years of experience and give her free reign to pick any gown from the whole shop. You may find a dress you thought would look like a meringue actually looks quite stunning once you try it on.
Finally, choose the dress you feel you were born to wear – you should feel comfortable, beautiful and really ‘you’ in it. And don’t be afraid to sleep on it before putting a deposit down – after all this is a once in a lifetime decision so you’ll want to get it right!
About the Author: Jessica Howe; Wow your guests with a wedding they’ll rave about for years. For inspiring wedding ideas, red hot promotions, giveaways, your wedding ‘tip of the day’ and hundreds of planning articles visit http://www.loveandcherish.net/, home of Jessica Howe’s highly acclaimed One Stop Wedding Kit.
You may also like -